Ayurveda describes various “ Hita Ahara and Vihara” beneficial diet and lifestyle for maintenance of Healthy skin. It is described as
- In grains try to eat wheat and barley because they are highly rich in diet.
- Consume rice which is grown after 60 days or one year old because it has fully grown Vitamins.
- Have diet fruits like pomegranate, papaya, grapes, and dates.
- Have full body massage with sesame oil and consume olive oil in your diet.
See Also: How To Prevent Hair Loss-Natural Tips
Lifestyle for Skin Care
- One should take proper sleep at night around 6-8 hours and wake up early in morning.
- One should not control the urges of urine, stool etc.
- One should exercise regularly as per the capacity of body for proper exertion of sweat.
- Facial exercise and yoga asanas like shirshasana and suryanamaskar are more beneficial to the skin.
- One should do abhaynga (massage) daily with sesame oil for shiny, smooth skin with luster. It prevents the signs of aging in skin.
- One should apply special face packs (utsadana) with drugs like turmeric mixed with red gram, ghee and milk.
- It is also advised to do Nasya (medicated nasal drops) daily for shiny skin and preventing early graying of hair and falling of hair.
- Avoid fried items, very sour, pungent food items.
- Avoid using cheese in diet as it is said to be having opposite qualities to the tissues of the body and it is harmful.
- Avoid using strong shops and irritant shampoos.
- Do not drink very cold water or aerated drinks soon after exposure to heat.
- Avoid exposure to strong heat and cold.
- Avoid overuse of cosmetics and make up.
- Do not wake till late in night and do not have day sleep.
- Always eat when you are hungry and not at fixed times to avoid indigestion.